Monday, February 9, 2009

Have to pause for just a moment

As I sit here this morning, I remember why I am so passionate and dedicated about this fair. Every year, I have looked for ways to make it bigger and better and this year we have suceeded. We go through the challenges of getting sims, contacting hundreded of designers, making sure that we haven't forgotten anyone, talking to entertainers, reporters, magazine and newspapers but in the end everything is in place and we open right on schedule.

This year's fair is bittersweet for me. On October 20, 2008 the RFL community lost someone who was just as passionate as I am about early detection and finding a cure for cancer. She was also the person who had spend hours with Pips and me to get that first fair started. Chablis was an amazing woman and I am sure that she is smiling down on us today as we are a month away from this 3rd annual Clothing Fair. This year, I dedicate my work on this fair to her memory.

Additionally in the middle of my reflections, I'm reminded that Cancer is not just the only devastation we face in the world. We never know when something will hit us that will take from us the most precious things in our lives. I was reminded of the brush fires in Victoria and the pain and destruction that is left in their wake. I have met many people from Australia since I joined SL in '05 and I hope all are safe and secure. I wasn't ask to post this but please go to the Moonshine clothing blog and see what they are doing to help.

http://www.moonshinemob.net/wordpress/?p=552

Now that I have had my coffee and time to wake up, I can get ready to face another day of messages and notecards and just general planning issues. I wish you all a safe day and cant wait to see each and every one of you at the clothing fair this year.

Don't forget the date... March 16th 10am slt !!!!!

No comments: